Friday 16 September 2011

"Arsenal made me who I am today" Cesc Fabregas and the Media

"I left the gunners because they were no longer be able to compete for the silverware" quoted by sports magazine and initiating a what seems non ending tornado for both the Arsenal fans and Cesc. Later Fabregas claimed that he never said any thing like that;

"There, I just said the truth and what came out of my heart: great words about a great club, because success and trophies is just what they deserve.

"I want Arsenal to be successful as much as every single fan. That is not why I left, it was never in my mind. Arsenal made me who I am today."


Indeed Arsenal made you who you are today mate. But who could be saying the truth. Truth is we can't trust no body in this regard. Media plays with people's mind. They manipulate it quiet good. They are always in search of new gossip just to have some good headlines. After all they are running a business. On the other hand players are not so much innocent on their par too. 

But after going through all the transfer saga and everything, I believe Cesc does regard Arsenal greatly with heart. But what if Cesc did say all that? its simple if he said all that he spoke nothing but a mere truth. Returning to Barcelona is not just returning to home. It was about going to the champions of the world. If some one is showed interest by the world's biggest club whom is its home town too than no one is turning down that offer. Silver ware is the most important thing in almost any footballer's career. There is not just one "Messi" out there, there are millions. But the sole reason we only know one Messi is because he plays for the world's biggest club and has won trophies almost every year. The others so called Messis are also out there too but they can never be recognized until they move to some great club. 

Arsenal no doubt is among the giants but watching the past 6 years, I am forced to think otherwise. I will always be a gunner but we have to admit the truth, we lost a great deal of ourselves over the years. Not only we lost our champion's trait we also have lost numerous great players in the process. There is one thing but and that is the respect element. The player who says bad about the club he left shouldn't deserve to play the football. Why? because every club tarnishes you. It makes you all the more better. As for Arsenal we make the world's greatest but unfortunately we make all those players for other clubs. 

Samir Nasri also drawn a lot of attention recently by claiming a lot of stuff about Arsenal and its fans but at the end of the day he claimed that the media is just creating fuss and he does and will always love Arsenal. Well this time even I'm "manipulated by the media" and like all you guys I hate Nasri too. Because he left only for trophies. Cesc has other reasons as I told earlier. Nasri came out as a great player only last year and he left for Man City. I think he should have regarded Arsenal a bit more than he did. But when you are young you are always anxious so nothing could be said and done now. 

Now we got replacements in the form of Arteta and Gervinho. I like the players. They have a charm in their personalities and also in their game. And the most important thing is that these players don't over rate themselves and they came to be a part of us knowing that we have not won any silver ware. Yes the champion's league is a big attraction but I think the best thing is there are still players out there who love to play football not for trophies but for the game itself. 



Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment